New Facility Demonstrates Mack Commitment to Maximizing Customer Uptime
GREENSBORO, NC (Dec. 9, 2014) – With its new, state-of-the-art Uptime Center, Mack Trucks is bringing together innovative technology and expert personnel in an environment designed to provide the truck industry’s best customer support. The 123,000 square-foot building co-locates personnel from every customer support function, connects them to Mack customers and dealers with the latest telematics, communications, and case management tools, and makes it easy for cross-functional teams to quickly interact face-to-face when necessary to keep a truck on the road.
The Uptime Center facilitates the balanced mix of technology, live expert support and proactive communication we need to quickly deliver solutions that directly impact customers’ bottom lines,” said Stephen Roy, president of Mack Trucks North American Sales and Marketing. “It’s yet another signal to our customers that Mack’s got their backs.”
The experts now brought together under one roof include live 24/7 Uptime agents, reliability engineers, dealer support staff and parts specialists.
Mack Uptime solutions managed through the Uptime Center include:
- Mack® OneCall™ agents offer critical support to customers experiencing planned or unplanned service events, including scheduling service and repairs. Mack OneCall agents address and respond to potential service events as they are proactively identified through the Mack GuardDog® Connect telematics solution. Using ASIST to provide service management structure, OneCall agents communicate with the customer, dealer and, if necessary, other Uptime Center colleagues to ensure the repair service is completed with as little inconvenience as possible.
- Mack ASIST is Mack’s web-based fleet service management platform that ensures timely information sharing, communication and tracking of a service event among the customer, dealer and Uptime Center staff.
- Mack GuardDog Connect – Mack’s proactive diagnostic and repair planning system monitors fault codes that could potentially shut down a truck or lead to an unplanned visit to the dealer. GuardDog Connect enables quick diagnosis of issues, proactive scheduling for repairs and confirmation that needed parts are in stock and ready to install, all while the truck is still on the job.
- Reliability – As the main point of contact for field-based personnel, these experts are responsible for identifying issues, developing service information and delivering service campaigns to resolve the issue.
- Dealer support – In addition to offering technical support, troubleshooting and issue resolution to Mack’s dealer network, dealer support staff also provide technical software assistance for truck diagnostic tools.
- Parts ordering
Equally important to Uptime is the availability and quality of dealer service facilities. Since 2010, Mack dealers have invested $400 million to better serve customers, which has resulted in a 35 percent increase in service bay capacity, a 162 percent increase in Mack Master Technicians, a 69 percent increase in spare parts availability and a 62 percent increase in hours available for service.
“The continued strengthening of our dealer network, combined with corporate initiatives like our new Uptime Center, clearly demonstrate Mack’s overall commitment to offer support where our customers need it the most – when they’re on the road away from home,” Roy said.
Mack Trucks has opened a new Uptime Center, a 123,000-square-foot facility dedicated to offering professional support to keep Mack customers’ trucks on the road. The facility combines the latest telematics technology with Mack’s expert reliability engineers, parts specialists and live support agents to maximize customers’ uptime.
Dedicated to durability, reliability and meeting the needs of customers, Mack Trucks has provided purpose-built transportation solutions for more than a century. Today, Mack is one of North America’s largest producers of heavy-duty trucks, and Mack® trucks are sold and serviced through an extensive distribution network in more than 45 countries. Mack trucks, diesel engines and transmissions sold in North America are assembled in the United States. Mack manufacturing locations are certified to the internationally recognized ISO 9001 standard for quality, ISO 14001 standard for environmental management systems and OHSAS 18001 standard for health and safety management systems. Mack is also a proud sponsor of Share the Road, an American Trucking Associations public information campaign aimed at enhancing the safety of our nation's roadways.
Mack Trucks is part of the Volvo Group, which is driving prosperity through transport and infrastructure solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase customer uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. The Volvo Group is headquartered in Gothenburg, Sweden, employs almost 100,000 people and serves customers in more than 190 markets. In 2019, net sales amounted to about $45.7 billion. Volvo shares are listed on Nasdaq Stockholm. For more information, please visit www.volvogroup.com.