Lehigh Valley Operations
Mack Trucks is part of the only manufacturing group that assembles all of its heavy-duty vehicles for the North American market here in the United States. Our one million square-foot Lehigh Valley Operations (LVO) in Macungie, Pennsylvania, has been assembling heavy-duty Mack trucks for 48 years.
All Mack Class 8 vehicles – including the Mack Anthem, Pinnacle, Granite, TerraPro, and LR models, as well as our new zero-tailpipe emission LR Electric refuse model – are assembled at LVO for the North American market and export.
- Employs more than 2,700 people, about 2,300 of whom are UAW-represented.
- More than $73 million invested in facility and equipment since last contract was ratified in 2019.
- Recent upgrades include a 300,000-square-foot expansion, a customer adaptation center, an audit building, and new equipment and tooling. Chassis assembly for the conventional line was insourced in late 2020.
- Plant typically purchases nearly $80 million per year in automotive parts from 42 Pennsylvania-based suppliers. Company purchases more than $625 million per year in goods and services from 283 Pennsylvania-based suppliers.
- Certified landfill-free and uses 100% renewable electricity.
- Part of the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) Better Plants Challenge and Better Climate Challenge, and certified for Superior Energy Performance by the DOE.
- Certified to the internationally recognized ISO 9001 standard for quality, ISO 14001 standard for environmental management systems, ISO 45001 standard for health and safety management systems, and ISO 50001 standard for energy management.