Mack Trucks, Inc. ("Mack") maintains this website (the "Site") for your personal entertainment, information, education, and communication. Please feel free to browse the website. You may download material displayed on the website for non-commercial, personal use only, provided you also retain all copyright and other proprietary notices contained on the materials. You may not, however, distribute, modify, transmit, reuse, report, or use the contents of the website for public or commercial purposes, including the text, images, audio, and video without Mack's advance written permission.
Your access and use of the website is also subject to the following terms and conditions ("Terms and Conditions") and all applicable laws. By accessing and browsing the website, you accept, without limitation or qualification, the Terms and Conditions and acknowledge that any other agreement regarding this subject matter between you and Mack is superseded and of no force or effect.
Terms and Conditions
1. Everything you see or read on the website is copyrighted unless otherwise noted and may not be used, except as provided in these Terms and Conditions or in the text on the website, without advance written permission from Mack. Mack neither warrants nor represents that your use of materials displayed on the website will not infringe rights of third parties not owned by or affiliated with Mack.
2. While Mack uses reasonable efforts to include accurate and up-to-date information on the website, Mack makes no warranties or representations as to its accuracy. Mack assumes no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in the content on the website.
3. Your use and browsing of the website is at your risk. Neither Mack nor any other party involved in creating, producing, or delivering the website is liable for any direct, incidental, consequential, indirect, or punitive damages arising out of your access to, or use of, the website. Without limiting the foregoing, everything on the website is provided to you "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. Please note that some jurisdictions may not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so some of the above exclusions may not apply to you. Check your local laws for any restrictions or limitations regarding the exclusion of implied warranties. Mack also assumes no responsibility for, and shall not be liable for any damages to, or viruses that may infect, your computer equipment or other property on account of your access to, use of, or browsing in the website or your downloading of any materials, data, text, images, video, or audio from the website.
4. When you view this website, we may store some information on your computer in the form of a "cookie". Cookies are used by many websites to give visitors access to certain functions. The information stored in the cookie can also be used to monitor a user's behavior on the website.
There are two types of cookies: the first saves a file for an extended period on your computer and is used to determine whether there has been any contact between us and your computer in the past. The second type is called a 'session cookie', and is stored temporarily in your computer's memory while you are visiting the website. Session cookies are not stored in your browser for an extended period, but are deleted when you close your browser.
Unless particularly stated elsewhere, cookies are never used by the Volvo Group with the aim to gather personal data.
5. Any software that may be available to download from this website (the "Software") is the copyrighted work of AB Volvo (publ) (or any of its subsidiaries) and/or its suppliers.
Use of the Software is governed by the terms of the end user license agreement, if any, which accompanies or is included with the Software ("License Agreement"). Unless otherwise follows from the License Agreement the Software is made available for downloading solely for use by end users. Any reproduction or redistribution of the Software not in accordance with the License Agreement may result in civil and criminal penalties.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, COPYING OR REPRODUCTION OF THE SOFTWARE TO ANY OTHER SERVER OR LOCATION FOR FURTHER REPRODUCTION OR REDISTRIBUTION IS EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED.
THE SOFTWARE IS WARRANTED, IF AT ALL, ONLY ACCORDING TO THE TERMS OF THE LICENSE AGREEMENT. EXCEPT AS WARRANTED IN THE LICENSE AGREEMENT, THE VOLVO GROUP HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS WITH REGARD TO THE SOFTWARE, INCLUDING ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
6. Any communication or material you transmit to the website by electronic mail or otherwise, including any data, questions, comments, suggestions, or the like is, and will be treated as, non-confidential and non-proprietary. Anything you transmit or post may be used without restriction by Mack or its affiliates for any purpose, including but not limited to reproduction, disclosure, transmission, publication, broadcast, and posting. Furthermore, Mack is free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how, or techniques contained in any communication or material you send to the website for any purpose whatsoever, including but not limited to developing, manufacturing, and marketing products using such information.
7. Images of people or places displayed on the website are either the property of, or used with permission by, Mack. The use of these images by you, or anyone else authorized by you, is prohibited unless specifically permitted by these Terms and Conditions or specific permission provided elsewhere on the website. Any unauthorized use of the images may violate copyright laws, trademark laws, the laws of privacy and publicity, and communications regulations and statutes.
8. The trademarks, logos, and service marks (collectively the "Trademarks") displayed on the website, including those of Mack are the registered and unregistered Trademarks of Mack and others. Nothing contained on the website should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any Trademark displayed on the website without the advance written permission of Mack or such other party which may own the Trademarks displayed on the website. The unauthorized use of the Trademarks displayed on the website, or any other content on the website, except as provided in these Terms and Conditions, is strictly prohibited. You are also advised that Mack will aggressively enforce its intellectual property rights to the fullest extent of the law, including criminal prosecution when and where appropriate.
9. The Mack products depicted on this website may be protected by and covered in one or more US and/or foreign patents. Specific product names and patent numbers listings can be requested from the company headquarters.
10. Mack has not reviewed all of the websites linked to this website and is not responsible for the contents of any off-site pages or any other websites linked to the website. Your linking to any other off-site pages or other websites is at your own risk.
11. Although Mack may from time to time monitor or review discussions, chats, postings, transmissions, bulletin boards, and the like on the website, Mack is under no obligation to do so and assumes no responsibility or liability arising from the content of any such locations or for any error, defamation, libel, slander, omission, falsehood, obscenity, pornography, profanity, danger, or inaccuracy contained in any information contained within such locations on the website. You are prohibited from posting or transmitting any unlawful, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic, or profane material or any material that could constitute or encourage conduct that may be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any law. Mack will fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing Mack to disclose the identity of anyone posting any such information or materials.
Mack Trucks, Inc. ("Mack") appreciates your interest in its products and services, and thanks you for your visit to its website (the Site"). Mack believes in making your visit to its website informative and secure, and attempts to provide you as much control as possible over your personal information.
Your visit to and use of the website is also subject tgo the following terms and conditions ("Terms and Conditions") and all applicable laws. The Terms and Conditions also explain efforts by Mack to protect your personal information with a reasonable duty of care and in accordance with applicable laws. By accessing and browsing the website, you accept, without limitation or qualification, the Terms and Conditions and acknowledge that any other agreement regarding this subject matter between you and Mack is superseded and of no force or effect.
Mack Trucks, Inc does conduct research on a user's demographics, interests, and behaviors based upon information provided to us during use of our website(s), and we may combine your information with information collected from other individuals to produce anonymous, aggregated statistical information. Aggregated data does not include personally identifiable information. We use this demographic information, such as the percentage of male or female visitors, or the percentage of visitors within certain age brackets, to improve the content of our website. We also may share this anonymous, aggregated information, which does not identify personal identifiable information, with third-parties. This is effective as of March 2nd, 2015.
Terms and Conditions
1. If requested to provide personal information to Mack, you do so at your sole option. Any personal information you supply to Mack will be stored in a secure database and maintained in accordance with the laws of the country in which the website is managed.
2. If you provide Mack personal information in order to receive any type of information from Mack in return, including any vehicle brochures, Mack Shop catalogs, Mack Bulldog Basics merchandise, or other materials, Mack collects and stores that information. Such information enables Mack to fulfill your information request and to provide you with additional information about its website, its products and its services
Once you have provided personal information to Mack, you retain the opportunity to opt out of receiving further communications from Mack, to remove your information from its database, or to no longer receive any of its services, simply by selecting a Remove feature available in the communications from Mack or by contacting the webmaster at email@example.com.
When you make a purchase from www.macktrucks.com or www.mack-shop.com, we collect your name and payment method information, such as credit card information. We collect this information in order to bill you for your purchase. We also collect information that allows us to ship your order. This includes the name, address, and phone number of the intended recipient(s).
From time to time, we may conduct surveys and contests via this website. If you participate, we may collect your name, email address, mailing address and other personal information. We will never sell or rent such information to any third parties.
Information we collect on the website may be used to enhance your shopping experience in the following ways:
- Deliver merchandise and services that you purchase online.
- Bill you for your purchases.
- Confirm your orders.
- Respond to your customer-service inquiries or requests.
- Comply with valid legal procedures, requirements, regulations, or statutes.
We never sell or rent your personal information to any third parties under any circumstances. We will share personal customer information and/or purchase history only with our agents, representatives, service providers, and contractors for limited purposes, including but not limited to, fulfilling customer orders; offering certain products and services in connection with this website; communicating to customers; providing customer service; enhancing and improving customers' shopping experience; administering or facilitating surveys or contests; offering targeted marketing communications to users; enabling access to our partners' websites; providing a personalized shopping experience; and completing payment method processing.
The security of your personal information is very important to us. In our efforts to protect your online transactions, we use a technology called Secure Sockets Layer (SSL). If your browser is capable of SSL (and many are), your personal information will be automatically encrypted, or encoded, before it is sent over the Internet. If your browser is not capable of SSL, we recommend that you not send personal information over the Internet.
3. As you review or download information from the website, Mack tracks and tallies website visits in order to assist it, among other things, in providing you with tailored information and Mack with information about which websites are frequented. Mack does not sell or produce any of the information that you provide to any third party which is not its contractor and which has not entered into a confidentiality agreement with Mack, unless required by federal or state mandate.
4. This website may contain links to non Mack websites. Mack expressly disclaims all responsibility for the privacy practices or any such linked websites and all other non Mack websites.
Volvo Group's Dealer Privacy Notice regarding the European Union's General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”)
This notice provides information about the processing of your personal data by the Volvo Group.
The Volvo Group may process personal data about you, if you are or have been an individual, or the employee of a company, that has bought or rented a product or service offered by one of the companies belonging to the Volvo Group. In this case, please read our Dealer notice.
If you are or have been an individual, or the employee of a company, that has sold or rented a product or service to one of the companies belonging to the Volvo Group, we might process personal data about you. In this case, please read our Supplier notice.
If you are or have been the driver of a vehicle, or the operator of a construction machine, sold or produced by one of the companies belonging to the Volvo Group, we might process personal data about you. In this case, please read our Driver notice.
If you are or have been employed by a Volvo Group company or have been engaged as a consultant, we may process personal data about you. In this case please read our Employee or Consultant notice.
Identity and contact details of the controller and data protection officer
Volvo Lastvagnar AB, Volvo Bussar Aktiebolag, Volvo Construction Equipment Aktiebolag, AB Volvo Penta, Renault Trucks Defense, Renault Trucks SAS, Volvo Financial Services Aktiebolag and AB Volvo (jointly referred to as “VOLVO”), as controllers of personal data, are responsible for the processing of personal data that relate to you under applicable data protection laws and regulations.
If you have questions regarding the processing of your personal data, please contact VOLVO’s data protection officer at DPO_Office@volvo.com or by post or phone at:
AB Volvo, Att: Data Protection Office, Dept AA14100, VLH, SE-405 08 Göteborg, Sweden
+46 (0)31 66 00 00
What categories of personal data will VOLVO process?
VOLVO will process all or a part of the following categories of personal data:
Contact data; such as name, email address, telephone number
Individual data; such as preferred language, photo, clothing size, food preferences
Organizational data; such as company name, job position, place of work, country
Repair/service data; such as tracking and logging of activities (including warranty claims) undertaken by you in connection with maintenance, repair or service on vehicles
Competence data; such as learning records and training activities
IT-related data; such as user-ID, passwords, log-in details as well as data and logs about your usage of VOLVO’s IT applications or services
If you are a sole trader VOLVO will also process the following categories of personal data:
Financial data; such as credit or payment information, bank account details
Contractual data; such as purchase orders, contracts and other agreements between you and VOLVO
Legal basis and purposes of the processing
VOLVO will process your personal data based on either of the following legal grounds and for the following purposes, see also further details below.
Legal obligation. Example, VOLVO may be obliged by law to report transactions to a tax authority requiring VOLVO to process your personal data.
Contractual obligation. Example, VOLVO may be required to process your personal data to fulfill the terms and agreements of an order or a service contract signed by you or your employer.
Legitimate interests. VOLVO’s legitimate interests include the interest to manage its daily operations according to lawful and fair business practices including managing its relationships with its dealer’s in order to perform contract(s) to which you or your employer is a party and/or to take steps necessary prior to entering into a contract with you or your employer. Example, VOLVO will need to know your preferred language, to be able to communicate properly with you in day to day activities.
In exceptional cases and only when no other legal ground can be applied, VOLVO may ask separately for your consent to process your personal data for the following purposes. If consent is collected, you are always entitled to withdraw your consent, which will however not affect the lawfulness of the processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
Promotional communications and marketing purposes such as the sending of our periodic newsletter/magazines, information on our services, promotional and advertising material, invitations to events organized by us or from third-party companies with whom we collaborate.
Dealer surveys purposes, such as end dealer satisfaction surveys, dealer satisfaction surveys, product quality surveys, process improvement surveys.
Personalized services purposes, such as sending you a Volvo branded jacket at your size, or providing you food meeting your preferences when being invited to a Volvo organized event.
From where will VOLVO obtain your personal data?
VOLVO will primarily obtain your personal data from yourself and your employer (excluding financial data in the latter case). We may also obtain your personal data from the company that has sold or rent to you a VOLVO product or service.
Some personal data might also be automatically generated from VOLVO’s IT-system, or equivalent, when you are creating or using access to online services provided by VOLVO.
What happens if you do not provide VOLVO with any personal data?
Some personal data is necessary in order for VOLVO to interact with its dealers for business purposes. Not providing personal data will inhibit the handling and delivery of the products and services that you or your employer might expect from VOLVO.
How will VOLVO share your personal data? Will it be transferred outside EU/EEA?
VOLVO will normally not share your personal data with anyone outside of the Volvo Group, unless required by law or regulation. However, VOLVO may, if necessary to fulfill the purpose for processing the personal data, share your personal data with other Volvo Group company, including company outside of the European Union or the European Economic Area EU/EEA. VOLVO may also, if necessary to fulfill the purpose for processing the personal data, share your personal data with third party companies and suppliers including companies and suppliers outside the EU/EEA.
VOLVO will secure that appropriate safeguards are in place which provide adequate levels of protection of your personal data as required by applicable data protection laws. For example, this may include the use of intercompany or external data processing agreements based on EU approved Standard Contractual Clauses or EU-US Privacy Shield or such other mechanisms as have been recognized or approved by the relevant authorities from time to time. If you have questions about the transfer, please contact VOLVO’s data protection officer.
For how long will VOLVO keep your personal data?
VOLVO will keep your personal data as long as required to fulfill its legal or contractual obligations taking into account for example the contractual period, warranty and product liability requirements, and no longer than is required for VOLVO to fulfill the purposes for which the personal data was collected.
Your data protection rights
You have the right to request from VOLVO information about the personal data processed about you and access to such personal data. You also have a right to request rectification of your personal data if this is incorrect and request erasure of your personal data. Further, you have a right to request restriction of the processing of your personal data meaning that you request VOLVO to limit its processing of your personal data under certain circumstances. There is also a right for you to object to the processing based on legitimate interest or processing for direct marketing. You have as well the right to data portability (transfer of your personal data to another controller) if VOLVO’s processing if your personal data is based on consent or contractual obligation and is automated.
You also have the right to lodge any complaints you may have regarding VOLVO’s processing of your personal data to a supervisory authority. For more information about these rights and how to exercise them, please contact the VOLVO data protection officer or visit the Data Subject Rights page.